Harry’s 200 Word Challenge

Two Hundred Word Challenge:

It was a cold, windy Autumn day in October. My family and I decided to go ice skating, “I’m so excited’ I said to my Mum.  On the way we walked through the park and it was very pretty, the leaves were orange and the sun shone brightly. But soon the wind began to get stronger,  “put your hat on Harry” mummy said, but as the leaves rustled, my hat blew off my head.  I watched as my hat drifted up and up to the top of a tree, “oh no my hat” I said “what am I going to do now’! “Its not like someone can throw it down from the tree for me is it?” I said. However, I was very wrong about that.  Out of nowhere, a cheeky monkey swung from the tree and picked up my hat and put it on his head, ‘what a cheeky monkey” mummy said. “Please Mr. monkey can you throw me my hat”, the monkey looked at me and put out his hand. “I think he wants something in return” mummy said, “I know what he will like” I said.  The monkey took the banana and dropped the hat, ‘thanks Mr. Monkey”!!!!!

By Harry.

2 thoughts on “Harry’s 200 Word Challenge

1. You have used vivid descriptions, Harry. Your story is very funny and I especially like how you have used speech to enrich it. Well done!

from Mrs Turk